Position Vacant | Auto Electrician
Closing Date: until filled
Salary Range: Negotiable
Position Type: Full time – permanent
*This position is residential, based on Mornington Island*
About the position
We have an exciting opportunity for a reliable, experienced trade qualified Auto Electrician. This role will provide our customers with excellent service maintaining and repairing a variety of vehicles.
You will work with minimal supervision at Council workshop, in the field and at work sites.
You’ll undertake work such as:
• Fault finding and diagnosis
• Dismantling, checking, repairing and re-assembling electrical components and parts
• Performing log-book servicing of vehicles
• Checking and monitoring equipment to achieve required performance.
• Relevant Trade Qualification
• A minimum of three years’ Auto Electrical experience
• Manual Driver’s License
• Experience in the repair and maintenance of a variety of makes and types of vehicles, from light vehicles, commercial vehicles and heavy equipment
• Demonstrated strong fault-finding skills using manual and scanning tools
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a small team and without close supervision
• Mechanic experience would be an advantage
• Air-conditioning license is preferred.
Benefits and perks
• Remuneration negotiated based on experience, skills, and qualifications.
• 12% Superannuation
• 6 weeks leave per year
• 2 flights to Cairns, Townsville or Mt Isa per year
• Subsidised housing will be provided
• This is a full-time, permanent position
To apply, please forward a cover letter addressing the job criteria and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via SEEK
Download position description here
For further information regarding the role, please contact:
Phone: 0408 483 537