Mornington Shire Council is responsible for the efficient management and maintenance of Gununa Cemetery.
Council delivers a range of services in the up-keep and future planning of the cemetery including:
- Preparation of burial plots
- Erection of headstone/monument
- Maintenance of cemetery surrounds including fencing
- Management & identification of local cemeteries (designated areas only)
- Identification of future public burial places
- Maintenance of cemetery burial registers
- Shelter Hire for services
Please also take the time to read the Island’s Funeral Protocols, and ensure you are respecting these whilst visiting the Island.
If you have a loved one who has passed away, contact Junkuri Laka Community Legal Centre who will assist you in completing the appropriate paperwork and will work with Council to organise your plot.