Position Vacant | Youth Activities Program Manager
Closing Date: until filled
Salary Range: Competitive
Position Type: Full time – 2yr project role
Mornington Shire Council has established a Project Working Group with community and government stakeholders. The Project will deliver three programs to provide opportunities and support to improve the lives of young people on the Island. The Youth Activity Programs are of vital importance to the community and a key component in addressing youth crime, anti-social behaviour and disadvantage among youth on Mornington Island.
*This position is residential based on Mornington Island.
- Oversee day to day operations of Council’s Youth Activities Program including facility access, planning and coordination of all activities, services and programs.
- Provide intensive Case Management support for young people, including interagency collaboration.
- Support young people to access both formal and informal training to develop skills and qualifications to transition into further education and work opportunities.
- Build community partnerships to ensure the development and implementation of existing and future youth-based activities.
- Guide and develop a small team of Youth Engagement Officers.
- Work with stakeholders to develop local solutions to addressing factors that contribute to offending behaviour, AOD and Volatile Substance use.
You are passionate and driven to inspire, mentor, support and provide opportunities for indigenous youth.
- Demonstrated ability to connect, inspire and support young indigenous people.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in leading and managing teams in a complex youth service delivery setting.
- Proven ability to create meaningful positive change in young people with complex needs, including a broad understanding of trauma informed care.
- Previous experience training and mentoring indigenous youths to achieve work or education goals.
- Relevant degree in Social Work, Psychology, related human service discipline or significant experience successfully leading Indigenous Youth Activities Programs.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver service outcomes on time, within budget and in compliance with funding accreditation body requirements. Budget and financial management capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Working with Children’s check.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Current Driver’s License
- National Police Clearance or ability to obtain.
- The ability to thrive, living and working on Mornington Island for a 2-year contract.
Benefits and perks
We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary package
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Multiple return flights per year to either Townsville, Mount Isa or Cairns.
- Subsidised housing and relocation
- 12% contribution to superannuation.
First Nations People are strongly encouraged to apply.
For further information regarding the role, please contact:
Phone: 0408 483 537