Closing Date: 5 October – 10am
Salary Range: $100K – $110K [+ Superannuation + Flights + Subsidised accommodation + 6 weeks annual leave]
Position Type: Full Time
A great opportunity has arisen within our Workshop Department for a Workshop Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Group Manager – Technical Services, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Plan and manage the whole operations of the Council Workshop.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for workshop, fleet and plant owned by Council.
- Supervise and Manage staff to ensure compliance of Council policies and procedures is followed.
- Ensuring all mechanical work is carried out in a cost effective manner through correct diagnosis, repair and maintenance whilst maintaining a high standard in the quality of work performed.
- Deliver ‘on the job’ training for Apprentice’s and Trainee’s and identify opportunities for further training and development
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with statutory regulations such as the Workplace Health and Safety Act.
- Manage apprentices trainings and sign offs.
To be considered for this role you must be committed to safety in the workplace You must also possess:
- Previous experience working with Light and Heavy vehicles and formal qualifications including a Certificate III in Automotive Mechanical Technology or higher are essential to perform this position.
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity, operational management and policy management and / or experience in workplace assessment and training. A Certificate IV in Workplace Assessment in Training would be highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively combined with a high level of planning, organisation and time management skill in addition to sound computer literacy and data entry skills.
- The ability to apply highly developed analytical reasoning skills to solve complex problems.
- A thorough understanding of Workplace Health and Safety requirements and a working knowledge of local government or the ability to rapidly acquire this knowledge.
In return, we offer a very attractive salary package to successful applicant. We provide relocation/repatriation + flights + subsidised accommodation + 6 weeks annual leave.
For further information regarding the role, please contact:
Alona Gilhang, HR Manager
Phone: 07 4745 7808