Position Vacant | Plant Operator – Infrastructure (Roads)
Closing Date: Tuesday 11 April – 5PM
Undertake the safe and efficient operation of plant on road construction, maintenance projects and miscellaneous works within the Shire in accordance with Council’s Operational Plan and Budget.
- Perform Road maintenance, road construction, structures, concrete, and miscellaneous operations.
- Ensure plant operation is consistent with manufacturer’s specifications and ensure the work is undertaken in the most effective manner.
- Undertake maintenance in accordance with the daily plant check sheets.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment including council vehicles under the control of the operator are maintained appropriately, and that any defects are recorded and promptly notified to the workshop.
- Ensure correct and adequate roadworks signage is installed and maintained.
- Ensure all work records are accurately recorded including gravel quantities, chainages worked and work category.
- Contribute to camps being maintained in a safe, clean and proper manner.
- Participate as a member of Council’s multi-skilled workforce and undertake other duties including labouring as required by operational activities.
- Current Queensland ‘MC’ Class Driver’s Licence
- Certificates of Competency for a Backhoe, Roller and Loader
- Current General Construction Induction Card
- Ability to operate plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Up to date knowledge of construction and maintenance techniques and approaches
Applications must be submitted to Human Resources by 5:00pm on Tuesday, 11th April 2023
To apply, please forward a cover letter addressing the job criteria and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download position description here
Phone: 0408 483 537