Position Vacant | Housing Supervisor
Closing Date: until filled
Salary Range: L7
Position Type: Full Time
The role of the Housing Supervisor will require extensive successful time management skills with significant multi-tasking in a highly collaborative team environment. The role is largely autonomous, thus requiring the successful applicant to possess high level of planning and organisational skills to manage a work schedule to achieve Council’s corporate goals while remaining responsive to the needs of the community in a priority order. Customer Service is an integral part of the position with community interaction occurring on a daily basis.
- Supervise and administer Council’s contract with the Department of Housing and Public Works to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of housing construction, maintenance and repairs, also ensuring Council complies with its contractual obligations under the Indigenous Employment Program.
- Assist the Housing Manager to plan, coordinate and manage new builds, repairs and maintenance for all council staff housing.
- Assist the Housing Manager to plan, coordinate and manage new constructions, repairs and maintenance for all council owned commercially leased premises.
- Supervision of Council carpenters, plumbers, concreters, painters, electricians, Apprentices and Trades Assistants to ensure appropriate allocation of personnel to scheduled works in a timely and efficient fashion
- Follow appropriate reporting processes to ensure accurate planning and efficient delivery of services.
- Maintain accurate time sheets for all persons engaged in the housing program.
- Ensure that all work undertaken has been accurately costed, conforms to MSC procurement protocols, legislative requirements and all project expenditure is not only captured accurately, but is both prudent and transparent.
- Ensure appropriate document control procedures for all Projects plans, specifications and records are maintained.
- Ensure project completion is achieved, providing adequate documentation for invoices to be raised for all services provided.
- Provide required support to the Housing Manager to ensure Council accurate budget reporting for all housing projects is provided in a timely manner.
- Provide additional support to the Housing Manager as required.
- Oversee Council’s Workplace Health & Safety Management System is implemented on supervised job sites.
For further information regarding the role, please contact:
HR Officer – Kathy Morris
Phone: 0408 483 537