Position Vacant | Executive Assistant
Closing Date: until filled
Salary Range: Above award
Position Type: Full time
The Executive Assistant provides an efficient, proactive and confidential range of executive secretarial and administrative support services to the Chief Executive Officer and the Mayor.
- Provide secretarial support, including preparation of correspondence, presentations and reports, diary management, meeting coordination and travel arrangements.
- Respond appropriately and professionally to communications from internal and external stakeholders including officials, elected members and the public.
- Assist in the organisation of special events and meetings as required by the CEO and the Mayor including receptions, ceremonies and functions.
- Collate various reports for council meetings, prepare council meeting agendas and take minutes of council meetings.
- Support the Mayor with management of expense records and assist councillors with various administrative tasks, requests and email responses.
- Take the lead in applying Council standards of document preparation and control, assisting our team of administrators to work to a consistent set of standards.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrated reputation for professional integrity and confidentiality.
- Proven experience over several years in supporting a senior executive providing secretarial and administrative support, dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Well-developed organisational skills the ability to work unsupervised in supporting an effective and efficient office for a senior executive.
- High level verbal communication skills, demonstrating a high level of interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to act with tact and diplomacy.
- Proficient computer skills and advanced use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Experienced in the use of Infocouncil.
- Relevant qualifications in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Driver’s License.
Benefits and perks
We offer the following benefits:
- Above award salary package
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 2 return flights per year to either Townsville, Mount Isa or Cairns.
- 12% contribution to superannuation.
To apply, please forward a cover letter addressing the job criteria and your CV to email@example.com or online via Seek HERE.
Download position description here
For further information regarding the role, please contact:
Phone: 0408 483 537