Position Vacant | Apprentice Plumber
Closing Date: Wednesday 26 April 2023 – 5PM
- Coordinate and support return to work planning and initiatives.
- Effectively participate in the Plumbing team functions, including:
- Attend vocational training with the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in the way of classroom-based learning in residential blocks at Mornington Island and Cairns TAFE.
- Undertake necessary practical on the job training and record within Training Record Book (theory-based assessments)
- Demonstrate skills learned through competency-based assessments in the time allocated.
- Participate in hands-on learning by assisting tradespeople on scheduled maintenance activities, new construction works and specific tasks which could include, but not be limited to, any or all activities below at any given time:
- Roof plumbing
- Internal plumbing and drainage connections
- Plumbing for wet area fixtures
- Guttering & downpipes
- Drain excavation
- Sewerage/water connections
- Setting out construction sites
- Concrete formwork
- Basic carpentry
- Construction site tidiness and security
- Maintain/update any necessary computer records/job cards/etc.
- Responsible use of work motor vehicles and/or plant
- Assist Tradesmen with quick response to safety issues and emergency repair works as directed.
- Complete and submit weekly timesheets and applicable leave or travel allowance forms.
- Operate and undertake preventative maintenance as and when required of small plant and power tools relevant to the plumbing trade within the construction/building job requirements.
Download position description here
To apply, please forward a cover letter expressing your interest and your CV to email@example.com.
Local applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
For further information regarding the role, please contact:
Phone: 0408 483 537