Position Vacant | Manager Infrastructure Delivery
Closing Date: until filled
Salary Range: Competitive
Position Type: Full time
This new and exciting role leads an operational team of approximately 30 staff in delivering infrastructure assets to benefit the Community. Council has $6 Million of capital works projects scheduled over the coming years. *This position is residential based on Mornington Island.
- Provide technical expertise and operational leadership in the project delivery of roads, drainage and other infrastructure.
- Drive the strategic direction of Mornington Shire Council’s infrastructure projects.
- Manage the delivery of council’s capital work’s program from inception to delivery.
- Lead, mentor and develop the operational team.
- Promote and deliver sound risk management and safe work methodology.
- Maintain key reporting mechanisms for the promotion and reporting of Council civil services expenditure to ensure transparency to the Community and Council.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Cert IV Civil Construction and significant experience in an infrastructure delivery role.
- Cert IV Project Management (or post-graduate qualifications) with demonstrated success in managing a broad program of works.
- Effective leadership and people management skills.
- Demonstrated success in driving a safe work culture.
- Ability to communicate effectively with operational workforce, senior management, Councillors, statuary bodies and the community.
- Possession of a current Driver’s License.
- Senior management experience within Local Government or related entity.
- Experience working and living in a remote location.
Benefits and perks
We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary package
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Multiple flights per year to either Townsville, Mount Isa or Cairns.
- Subsidised housing and relocation
- 12% contribution to superannuation.
For further information regarding the role, please contact:
Phone: 0408 483 537